This morning as I stood in the kitchen still half-asleep, it suddenly came to me: I like God. Of course I honor and obey Him – He’s God. That’s obvious! But as I stood there and considered whether I wanted orange juice or coffee or both, it suddenly hit me: I like God.
- I like His creativity, the range of colors with which He makes plants and flowers – I like His creative power.
- I also like His approachableness, His warmth, and nearness.
- I like His brightness, His expression.
- I like the depths of His heart.
- I like that He talks to and with me.
- I like that He hears me.
- I like that He knows me and still wants to discover me.
- I like that He enjoys taking care of me.
- I like Him.
- I really like Him.
Sometimes I wish He was different. I wish He would act more often like I imagine. But when I imagine that I had a husband who was the way I sometimes wish God would be, I’m horror-struck. I would soon be seeing Him like a wimp who does everything that I say. Terrible! I currently have three Portuguese men on board who are helping me. Sometimes, when I tell them: do this or that this way, they say clearly, „No!“ usually with good reason: because it’s better another way. Sometimes it’s just because they prefer to do things differently. This is also good and motivated by the wish to support me and help me in the best ways! And I don’t have to carry any heavy bags when they are near: they enjoy taking the burden from me. In looking at this, it’s clear to me: I even like God when He is sometimes „macho,“ when He insists on His own independence and doesn’t let me tell Him what to do – at least not about how He should do things, and nevertheless acts out of love for me.
- I like God!
– See more at: http://kerstinpur.de/glaube/im-vertrauen-wachsen-ich-mag-gott/#sthash.WN9DAD0y.dpuf