I told about the vision and the beginning of it in a blog entry called The ressurection of a dream. It´s been quite a journey. Challenging and rough at times – joyful and amazing at others.
What we have done so far:
- Restored the core of the ship (underwatership) – renewing the steel.
- Removed all rust inside the ship, painted the inside, insulated it (it is 25 m long, 5 meters high – every square meter takes up to 5 hrs of work!).
- Put in 21 new windowsPut in floors
- Put in a woodstove
- Installed running water
- Installed a toilet
- Began to renew electricity
- Renovated the roof and part of the decks.
More than 100 People from half a dozen of different nations have come here to help and be inspired. For many of them it is encouraging to see: It is hard work to make a dream come true. But it is possible. And it is a joy to see the financial and practical miracles happen.
My vision for the ship is to provide a place for inspiration and restoration. So it has been a special joy to welcome one man whose life hat just fallen to pieces. He came here for 10 days of reflection, restoration and coaching and told me: „It was so good to talk to someone like you who does not offer recepies. No one in my life ever took so much time for me as you did!“
It makes me cry to think about that…great man, but no one ever really took the time to listen, to encourage … and it makes me feel that providing that space for people to be, to be encouraged and to receive coaching is the right thing to do.
What´s next – autum projects
- Putting in 4 more portholes
- Putting in new doors – the old ones are cardboard…not secure at all!
- Putting up walls and doors in the rooms inside
- Putting in a kitchen
- Removing the rust on the decks.
For the „removing of the rust on the decks“ I have started a fundraising campaign as this is quite an expensive part. It will take us about 100 hours to remove the rust and paint, but the paint is a pain in the neck….Good ship paint hat lasts for a decade costs about 10 Euro / Dollar / Pounds per Liter. And we need about 200 !!! liters + electricity + some stuff to fill holes with.
So a friend made a cool movie: Fighting the rust – the epic battle
- Consider coming here and helping for a few days – and yes, bring your friends. It is soo cool!
- Encourage me and pray for me!
- Have a look at the video, laugh and leave a comment.
- Give something – no matter how much or little – to help us win the battle (use the paypal button on this blog at the right).
- Share the video with your friends, tell them about the ship and ask them to come and help and / or give – even if it is only a little. The easiest way to give is paypal: email@example.com
Togehter we will make it!