Was I alive today?
What new thing did I learn about life?
What new thing did I learn about myself?
I often begin the day by reading Losungen – selected inspiring Bible texts… Yesterday”s was:
“I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me.” (John 10:14, New Living Translation)
This touched me deeply on two levels:
- My Job = Trust: It was a reminder for me that trust is asked for. Sometimes things don”t go fast enough for me on the ship. I would prefer to be further. And it”s sometimes a real challenge for me to let go and to trust that God is already leading me. There is a saying, “Many people want to serve God, as an advisor!” I often belong to this group. I have 1000 ideas about what He could do faster and better. It”s sometimes really dificult for me to let go and to trust that HE is the shepherd and daily gives me what I need for that day. I have decided to practice this more intensively and to declare to God my trust that He has everything in view. And He means well.
- His Job: To be the Shepherd – and to care for me in the way that I need. “I know my own sheep” left an impression on me. It really touched me to be reminded that He really knows me. A few days ago, I did a really good personality test. The results were not really surprising: I am a visionary, am bored to death by housework, and live in the future, in what should be. And I”m hard on myself – more than others – when things don”t go fast enough.
As I read the verse, I thought and prayed, “Ok. I want to trust You. For today. But hey, it also says that You know me. And if You know me, then You also know that I need encouragement. I need to see that things are (quickly) moving forward. You know that there is nothing that brings my heart more joy than when things are moving in the right direction.
God must have heard my prayer… things are moving forward. I am rejoicing about:
- Two friends who helped me yesterday to put up insulation so that we could come forward faster
- 2o 25 Euro donations for the ship project by Betterplace and Paypal… again two more hours of work further
- Four friends from Portugal who wrote that they would like to come for 7 or 8 days to help on the ship and really make some progress
- A friend who wrote that he would like to sponsor the trip of one of the Portuguese because 3 of the 4 are unemployed and don”t have any money
- 30 Euros worth of selling used books on Amazon… not huge, but every little bit helps
- Over 400 Euros worth of selling books from our publishing house at a church bazaar. Of course the proceeds go first to employee wages and production costs, but anything left over goes into the ship
- A woman who called and asked if she could help… she is currently doing a practicum in Berlin but has plenty of free time and energy and was looking for a meaningful activity to engage in… a friend told her about me…
My heart rejoices… because things are moving forward… and because I sense that my God sees me…
– See more at: http://kerstinpur.de/allgemein/leben-entdecken-hirten-und-schafe/#sthash.etNrLSsu.dpuf