A few days ago, I discussed with a good friend about which word could be used to describe the year 2013. My word for 2013 is “effort!” This year was an effort.
I had to reconcile five jobs:
- – Publisher
- – Author
- – Coach
- – Speaker
- – Shipbuilder
Then there were still a handful of challenges to overcome:
- The flooding of the ship in January
- The unexpectedly high wharf costs
- The difficulties with transporting the ship
- A long time of illness within the publishing team
- A stupid chronic cold
Short and sweet: It was a handful of life and a handful of challenges: a real effort. I am thankful that I overcame them, which wasn’t only because of me alone. I estimate that so far over 50 people have practically helped with the ship for a few hours, days, or even weeks. Over 250 different people have made the shipbuilding possible through small and large donations. Even when I try to do as much as I can myself, I would never have accomplished it alone.
So I am thankful that this year, which was a real effort, was so well managed and is mostly behind me now. I am excited for 2014, which will surely also be a bit of effort but will hopefully also bring me closer to the fulfillment of my dreams.
– See more at: http://kerstinpur.de/erlebnisse/gemeinsamer-kraftakt-2013/#sthash.f55e7iUY.dpuf